Import XML Download Export to Cloud

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

Hello,

We've got both download and cloud Confluences. We want to export lots of pages (but not an entire space) from download to cloud.

Any thoughts or ideas on this - or is it a straightforward import?

Obviously we'll run a custom export so that we only take the pages we want.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

Hi Mick,

The only way you will be able o do this is as a space import as this is the only option you have for getting the data into an OnDemand instance. So, what I would do would be to create a new space, transfer the required pages and then export/import that space into the OnDemand instance.

Of course as this is a space import you will also have to make sure that the data is in the same "major version" and this will most likely also involve having to upgrade the data to the correct OD version before transferring the space to the OnDemand instance, but I have included links to the relevant documents you will need below:

Copy pages to new space: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Copying+a+Page

Export/Import new space into OnDemand instance: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+a+Confluence+Space

All the best,
John

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2013

John,

Thanks, that's excellent. I'll pass it on to those lucky enough to be doing the work. :)

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events