Import Work Log items (Planned/Estimate/ToDo) via CSV

rashmi February 17, 2015

hi

I want to import the work log items corresponding to Estimated effort/Time Spent(Logged)/Remaining Time into JIRA via CSV file. I could not find any field name applicable for the CSV for these fields (except Time Spent).  After import, I would like to see these 3 fields populating against the fields as displayed in the below image.

The JIRA documentation only says this (only one field - Worklog/Logged) -

Importing worklog entries

Your CSV file can contain worklog entries. For example:

Summary,Worklog
Only time spent (one hour),3600
With a date and an author,2012-02-10 12:30:10;wseliga;120
With an additional comment,Testing took me 3 days;2012-02-10 12:30:10;wseliga;259200

To track time spent, you need to use seconds.

Please help.  

worklog.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2015

Hello,

please mind that JIRA has two CSV Importers:

• non-admin CSV Importer available under Issues top menu
  • admin CSV Importer available under External System Import in System settings

The second is available for administrators only and by default can import to any JIRA field. The first one is meant for non-administrator users and can only import to fields that are present on Create Issue Screen (a way of bulk-create issues).

All fields that you are looking for should be available under the second importer.

0 votes
rashmi March 2, 2015

hi 

I am trying to update an existing issue with 'Total Effort Estimate' value through External System Import. Please note that there is no values set for Original Estimate or Remaining Estimate for this particular artifact. My csv looks like the following:

Issue key, Summary,Issue Type,Total Effort Estimate

1, "hello world", Bug, 3600

After the import, I do not see any updates in the work log section (no work log section at all actually !).  

Can we add a total effort estimate to any artifact if there is no original/remaining estimate set ?

Please help.

Thanks

Rashmi

Suggest an answer