Import Active Directory users from specific group

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Hello

Is it possible to import only specific users from active directory into JIRA (v.5.1.2)?

E.g:

1)We have a lot of user groups in our active directory

2)One of these active directory groups is "first_group"

3)My task is to import users only from this group.

At this moment I can import all users from active directory's groups. But I need import only users from specific group.

Is there any solution?

Thank you in advance!

BR,

Fyodor

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Hi there,

You might want to use the following search filter on your directory

(&(objectCategory=Person)(cn=*)(memberOf=<Full Path DN of the group>)))

Input the above parameter into the "Object User Filter" of your directory configuration. The above search filter will retrieve only the users of that specific group. For detailed information on this, you may want to review our docuemntation here.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

Hi

Thank you for reply.

i will try to use this filter

BR,

Fyodor

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2012

Let me know if you need any help

Felix Alexander I Sundah January 4, 2019

hi, i have same problems. I want to import only users from specific group.

on user objecct filter i input : &(objectCategory=Person)(cn=*)(memberOf=<IT_DEPARTMENT>)))

after i sync, it's still grab any user on ad

please help, thanks

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

Hi, how did you setup Active Directory with JIRA OnDemand? Or do you have a standalone version?

This is definitely possible. You simply need to build an LDAP query to match what you need. Do you need any help with the LDAP query?

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

Hello, Harry

Thank you for fast reply.

We are using standalone version, it seems I did a mistake when i was writing a question...

JIRA Standalone, version 5.1.2.

If I am rigth I need to change some parameters in user directory settings (user schema, group schema settings, etc.), but I can't find wich parameter i need to change...

Could you help me please? At the moment i imported users from from all active directory's groups but I need to import only users that belong to a specific active directory group (e.g. "first_group")

Thanks,

Fyodor

Suggest an answer