We use the OnDemand verison of Jira and Confluence. We have a user that has resigned and we would like to delete them from Google Apps to free up a license.
- What happens if we delete the user from Google Apps ? Should we prepare Jira and Confluence in any way other than deactivating the user first.
- How do we re-assign the assignee and reporter role in bulk ?
- If a user is deleted, does their name get preserved in the data, i.e. comments, time logged, etc ?
Read this , but but did not answer all my questions:
- User is deleted from Google Apps
- User history is preserved in Jira
- Issue assignee is left in Jira until edited, or perhaps changed to unassigned
- Issue reporter is left in Jira until edited, or perhaps changed to unassigned
- There is a tool to bulk change issue assignee and reporter based on a search
You can either delete or suspend the user in Google Apps. Either way, when you do that the next time OnDemand syncs the user list with Google Apps (which is every 60 minutes) the user will be deactivated in OnDemand. That way the user will stay in OnDemand for history purposes but won't be counting towards your license limit and won't be able to log in either. :)
The best thing to do will be to deactivate the user instead of deleting. This will preserve all of the user's history and not force you to change the issue assignees. It will remove them from your user count. If the user is a project lead, you will need to reassign that project before being able to make this change.
You can deactivate a user simply by taking away their application access. They will no longer be able to log into your OnDemand instance. You can make this change in the User Management or JIRA panel by click on their username.
The issue assignee and reporter will stay the same until you make a change. You can bulk change their issues as well, by searching for all issues assigned to this user and going to "Bulk Change" in the top right. You can only do this if you have the permission to make Bulk Changes.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs