IIS Reverse Proxy with URL Rewrite, ARR & Fisheye

Pierre Arlt October 27, 2013

I Use IIS as an reverse proxy for fisheye
fisheye.xxxx.net => fisheye.xxxx.net:860 => in some situations the client window (firefox) dies.
I can request the page => for a short moment I see the page => fisheye reloads => the page dies.
When I call the pages directly with the portbind 8060 I dont't have the problem.

Not all fisheyepages has this strange behavior => userpages, repropages.

I use IIS 8, URL Rewrite 2.0, ARR 3.0 (same problem with an ARR 2.5 setup).

A simmilar setup works with jira (port 80) and crowd very good.
My setup has different websites, for crowd, jira, fisheye.

Why dies the client window -> hav someone a succesfult setup with IIS Reverse Proxy with URL Rewrite, ARR & Fisheye?

Web Server ARR ProxySettings:

Fisheye Server Settings:

Web Confing Reverse Proxy Settings for : fisheye.xxx.net => fisheye.xxx.net:8060

Not all fisheyepages has this strange behavior => userpages, repropages.

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

Hi Pierre,

We have this KB that instructs how to integrate JIRA with IIS, but I was able to follow the same steps to others Atlassian applications (including Fisheye) and it works with no problem. I see your setup is pretty similar, I just don't see the rewrite rules.

In any case you may compare your configuration with the KB instructions and check your IIS logs for any error when you see the problem occuring.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events