IDE Connector with Rational Application Developer 8.0

Kim Wall September 18, 2012

I’m trying to install the Atlassian Connector into Rational Application Developer v8.0 which is based on Eclipse 3.6.

I consistently get errors about missing Mylyn Commons type stuff when I try to install, even after I try to install the Mylyn stuff that it seems to be asking for. I used the Offline Installation instructions as that is my preferred mechanism, and that gives me the same behavior as connecting to the update sites.

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Atlassian Connector for Eclipse (Required) 3.0.6.v20120628 (com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.feature.group 3.0.6.v20120628)
  Missing requirement: Atlassian Connector for Eclipse UI Commons 3.0.6.v20120628 (com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.commons.ui 3.0.6.v20120628) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.workbench 0.0.0' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Atlassian Connector for Eclipse Commons 3.0.6.v20120628 (com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.commons.feature.group 3.0.6.v20120628)
    To: com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.commons.ui [3.0.6.v20120628]
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Atlassian Connector for Eclipse (Required) 3.0.6.v20120628 (com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.feature.group 3.0.6.v20120628)
    To: com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.commons.feature.group [3.0.6.v20120628]

The instructions indicate that the archive file provided for offline installation should include all Mylyn dependencies, but I’m still getting errors. In addition, I only see the Atlassian Connector option, I do not see Atlassian Integrations.

I’m trying to get this installed to include in the RAD install for all of our users to integrate with JIRA.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2012

Hi Kim,

Let's focus on the online installaion first.

Do you say that online instllation of Atlassian Connector fails even if you have Mylyn installed?

Thanks,
Jacek

Kim Wall October 1, 2012

Yes. I'm going to try this again with a clean install of RAD. Sorry for the delay!

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

Great. Please let us know how you go.

Suggest an answer