I want to create a read-only field

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

At a particular transition, I want to copy the value of a text field into second text field. I can do this fine. But what I really want is for the second field to be visible, but not editable.

I tried this with the type "Read-only Text Field" which says it is "A read-only text label. Only possible to create values programmatically (Used internally for imports from Mantis). Maximum of 255 characters."

My plan was to populate the field on the transition. But that didn't work -- the field did not appear. It is possible that the reason was that I was trying to copy a "Free text Field" into a limited size text field.

The other choice seems to be the "Message Custom Field (for view)" but that just uses its field default value.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

I figured it out. Use separate screen schemes for editing and viewing. Duh.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events