I want a simplified workflow with the addition of one step for QA before done, but I want to have multiple projects in the Board. Is there any way to do this?

Jack Brooks September 3, 2013

I want a simplified workflow with the addition of one step for QA before done, but I want to have multiple projects in the Board. Is there any way to do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brooks September 9, 2013

I was able to create the modified version of the simplified agile workflow in a board with just one project and then do the same for the additional projects each in their own board, then add the all the projects to one board and remove the other boards.

0 votes

Thanks, I have been trying to follow that page, but I must be just missing something basic, I can copy and edit the worklfow but I cannot get to be active and I cannot get it assigned to an existing project.

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Yes

You may share a new workflow with as many projects as you like.

the Projects shown on the Rapid Boards depends on the filter used.

I think I do not know how to correctly edit / build a workflow, If I stick with the simplified agile workflow and do the add column everything is fine, as soon as the site will not let me use the simplified workflow, attempting to create a worklfow that behaves the same as the stock simplified agile worklfow, all is lost.

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

I see.

Columns do not equal a workflow. They just define how the workflow is viewed on a board. To use a custom status you cannot rely on the Greenhoppe "Simplified Workflow", but you can create your own.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Creatingaworkflow

To create a "simplified" workflow I suggets you clone the base JIRA workflow, and add/remove the steps you want.

Then each project can use the "workflow scheme".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events