I'm looking to restrict a edit privileges on a screen based on a users role.

Tomas Manning June 19, 2013

I'm looking to restrict a edit privileges on a screen based on a users role.

1 answer

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2013

Hi Tomas, if you are talking about Jira and you mean you don't want a role to be able to edit the issue then the only thing you have to do it's remove that role from the edit issue permission on your permission scheme.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2013

Thanks Ramiro for the fast response. I should have been clearer. You are correct, it is Jira and I'd need the restriction to be screen (or field if possible) focused. For example, if a user is on one screen, they have permission to edit, alternatively, if the user is on a different screen, permission to edit is denied.

Does that make sense?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2013

By screen you are not talking about issue screen scheme (create, edit, view screen) right?

Plus, there's a possibility using propertys in status. Adding jira.issue.editable = false in a status will restrict edit for that status in particular.

Ramiro, You are correct, the screen scheme does not work for this task. I want specific users to be able to edit specific screens (or fields) where the majority of users cannot edit. Example, in a change control environment, only certain managers can approve specific requests and the request is dynamic. Thanks again

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2013

Adding a jira edit restriction for all users except for a role in a status could be a solution?

Observation: If I'm not wrong for Jira Edit screens or fields are all included in "Edit issue", they can't be treated differently.

Suggest an answer