I have temporary access to admin consol in ondmand, but when I try to admin users, I get acess denied.

Bill Bailey June 29, 2014

I access general configuration, have the banner that I have temporary admin rights, but every time I try to add a user, I get access denied, contact site admin. don't understand why I get that if I am logged in as an admin?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2014

Hi Bill,

On Ondemand platform to access the User Managment, you need belongs to site-admins group.

You can also check more details on this OnDemand documentation:

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

Bill Bailey June 29, 2014

OK, makes sense, but when I click on users or groups in Confluence Admin console, I get Access Denied. Not clear how I can access the admin console and be able to access other tabs, such as Manage Add-Ons, just nothing to do with managing users.

Also, when I View Global Permissions, there is no group called site-admins shown. While I can search for it and add it to the group permssions, I cannot admin the group membership to add myself to the list.

Something has changed as I used to be able to access user and group tabs.

HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

Bill,

The Group and Users links send it to User Managment.

Due to the new improvements into OnDemand platform the Confluence-only instance now have the same User Managment of JIRA and Bamboo instead of the old confluence user managment.

The User Management is a way to integrate more than one application, it's why you need to belong to site-admins group. It's a way to be the administrator over all applications/Users.

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

Bill Bailey June 30, 2014

OK, but those tabs are STILL in the console, with a warning about not being an admin. Doesn't provide any link to look anywhere else. Same with the Invite User link. Seems it would be smarter to have it redirect?

So where is the user management now? I don't have Jira or Bamboo, so no idea where to look for that. And will I need to be a member of the site-admins to log in to that interface? But how can I add myself to that group if I can't log in to user management?

Finally found a FAQ with the following statement:

Users that were previously in the 'administrators' group and had access to JIRA will be added to the 'site-admins' group (as well as remaining in the 'administrators' group). Users that were in the 'administrators' group but did not have access to JIRA will remain in the 'administrators' group only.

Problem is I have a Confluence only license, so it appears that the this do NOT happen, i.e. site-admins contains no members. So now I am in a Catch-22.

HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2014

The link will be the same, the Users into your administrator console. However You'll receive acess denied if you not belongs to site-admins.

If there is no user that belongs to site-admins group into your instance to add your user on the group, please raise a support ticket to Atlassian to add your user on it:
https://support.atlassian.com

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2014

Check if this user has Jira-user global permission along with JIRA-Administrator permission.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions#ManagingGlobalPermissions-sysadmin

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events