• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I have problems with attachments java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.confluence.pages.actions.MoveAttachmentAction.bootstrap(MoveAttachmentAction.java:112)

I have problems with attachments java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.confluence.pages.actions.MoveAttachmentAction.bootstrap(MoveAttachmentAction.java:112)

Вячеслав Мокшин April 10, 2012

When I upload some attachments to my pages on on-demand version sometime I have some problems with pdf, doc attachments. Not all doc and pdf attachments, but several are don't exist after I upload them.

When I try to see properties of problem files in confluence, I see an error "java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.confluence.pages.actions.MoveAttachmentAction.bootstrap(MoveAttachmentAction.java:112)"

I can't delete some, I can't see them, I can't do anything with them. They are very usual - 300-400 Kb docx or pdf files.

1 answer

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2012

The mentioned error is closely related to the stacktrace mentioned in this KB: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Cannot+Remove+or+Edit+Properties+of+Attachment+with+Umlaut+Characters.

I'm guessing it happens because the Application Server URL encoding is not set to UTF-8. I'd suggest you to try out the resolution steps mentioned in the KB and hopefully that would fix the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events