• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have created issue, but did not assign to a sprint. I am unable to see my issues in backlog. Is the issue seen in backlog only if i add it in to the sprint?

I have created issue, but did not assign to a sprint. I am unable to see my issues in backlog. Is the issue seen in backlog only if i add it in to the sprint?

sharanya unnam September 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating an Issue

I have created issue, but did not assign to a sprint. I am unable to see my issues in backlog. Is the issue seen in backlog only if i add it in to the sprint?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2016

No. Check your board's filter and see if it includes the new issue or not. Issues appear in the backlog when it is part of the board's filter.

Also, make sure none of the quick filters/Epics are selected, which is then hiding the issue from the backlog.

sharanya unnam September 2, 2016

Thank you for the response.

The board filter did not show the issues I have created. And while creating the issue I linked to the EPIC. So Is it linking the issue to EPIC creating problem? 

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2016

No, it is the board filter in that case. You have to update the filter to include the new issues.

Suggest an answer