I have added a new column to greenhopper and selected simplified workflow but I can drag things into the column

Caroline Gordon January 21, 2013

We have added a new status called elaboration and a new column in our greenhopper board. The idea is items go from to do to elaboration then to development.

I have selected simplified workflow, we want to drag any item to any column, because we know what state it should be in.

However items will not drag from to do to elaboration, they want to go straight to development (ie they will not sit in the column).

What do we have to do to enable this?

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

This should not be the case. Can you open the workflow for the project and see that there is a transition which goes from the status that issue is in to the new status that you created?

(if in the visual editor, check whether there is a transition in the list of Global transitions)

Caroline Gordon January 22, 2013

With simplified workflow, there are no transitions shown (in the visual editor there are a bunch of boxes and only an arrow from create issue to open, there are no other arrows)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

All workflow transitions are Global transitions in the simplified workflow. The visual designer has a bug for global transitions and it does not show it

You can use the Text mode and can see all the transitions.

Caroline Gordon January 23, 2013

Aha! OK now I see the problems. I had this idea the lack of arrows was making sense because simplified workflow allows anything to go anywhere.

I just had a look at the text tranisitions and it's not that straight forward. Ideally I want any item to go anywhere on the board with one drag. We are a small team and we know what we are doing, so we don't need a workflow constrained on us.

So it appears this means I need to go and edit all these transitions and ensure there is an explicit transition from anywhere to anywhere.

I have added a couple of new statuses - elaboration to be in between to do and development, after development (using 'in progress') we go to verification, done and then deployed.

Is there a good tutorial / blog post on this topic because I"m worried about mucking up some basic functionality of greenhopper?

Suggest an answer