• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have a project with 3 Kanban boards. I want to add a column to board "A", will that column also be added to board "B" and "C" and any scrum boards or no?

I have a project with 3 Kanban boards. I want to add a column to board "A", will that column also be added to board "B" and "C" and any scrum boards or no?

Darryl Beckett September 19, 2016

I have a project with 3 Kanban boards. I want to add a column to board "A", will that column also be added to board "B" and "C" and any scrum boards or no?

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2016

Only if it is simplified

0 votes
Darryl Beckett September 19, 2016

Will adding a column to a Kanban board affect the workflow?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2016

Boards are independent of projects and each other.  A change to the config of one board will not affect others.

However, if you are using simplified workflows and you make changes that change the workflow, on board A, then that affects the workflow for the project, which is being read by B and C, so they may need to be reconfigured to pick it up.

Suggest an answer