I can't find the Jira Server ID

Anthony Kavanagh December 30, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Finding your Server ID

Ask your question here...

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2015

JIRA Server ID can be identified two ways. 

Scenario : If you installed JIRA already and version less than 7.0

• Log in as System Admin user (System Admin access) and click on System under cog wheel.
  • In the left hand pane, scroll down till you find license and click on it and you will see a page with License information and you will find Server ID there

For JIRA 7.0 and above

Remeber to add the actual Base URL instead of localhost 

Regards

Chander

Anthony Kavanagh December 31, 2015

Hi Chander, thank you for getting back on this. I figured it out eventually. I was trying to upgrade my license from the Eval license to my purchased license. In order to get my purchased license I was instructed to enter my Server ID. I went to the System page (landing page from tool menu) and there was no Server ID. So next I clicked as instructed on the Server Info link on the left and the page took a while to display (making me think that the System page and the System Info page were the same thing which seems to not be the case). It sure would be a lot easier if the Server ID was on the System (landing) page. Once on the System Info page, I has to scroll down a number of pages to find the Server ID (why no put it at the top of the page). So, anyway I finally got my license. But then I was no longer on the enter new license page and there was no obvious link for the license page. The workflow for going from Eval to Paid License was way too klunky and confusing.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2015

Which step you can not do?

Suggest an answer