• Community
  • Products
  • Apps & Integrations
  • Questions
  • I can't add versions, there is no "add" button on the planning board, add I can't see "configuration" in the tools menu. I don't see "Story Points" or Epic/Theme on my cards. I can't add a subtask.

I can't add versions, there is no "add" button on the planning board, add I can't see "configuration" in the tools menu. I don't see "Story Points" or Epic/Theme on my cards. I can't add a subtask.

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2012

You'll want to check the following points. There are a number of crappy configuration steps that have to be done in order to get GreenHopper "working" for 90% of people who use it. These are known issues and should be fixed in the 5.0 release, but just in case, they are here:

I can't add versions! There is no "add" button on the planning board! I can't see "configuration" in the tools menu!

• Make sure the user is in the administrator "project role" for the GreenHopper projects:
  • Go to Administration
  • Click on User Management
  • Find your user
  • click on "project roles"
  • give yourself the administrator project role

I don't see the Story Points field! I don't see the epic/theme field!

• The Story Point Field and Epic/Theme field are disabled by default (no associated screens). They are also useless without the "scrum" project template:
  • On the planning board, click the tools icon in the upper-right
  • click "configuration" (see above if this is not available)
  • The default page should have a template option at the very top. Select "scrum"
  • You've applied the scrum template. Hooray!
  • Go Administration
  • Click on "Issues"
  • Click on custom fields
  • find Story Points and Epic/Theme
  • Click "screens"
  • Associate the fields with all screens and click "save"

I can't add subtasks! WTF!

• Subtasks may or may not be enabled by default.
  • Go to Administration
  • click on issues types
  • click on subtasks
  • make sure they are enabled

Hopefully this saves you some time!

-Simon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2012

See above!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events