I can't Create Test Session in jira Demo site

We are already using Jira, but we are looking forward to to use test session for better management of the project.

So i like to create a test session in Jira Demo site, but i don't have permission to creat a test session..

Can anyone help me where i can create the test session and get a knowlege by practice

2 answers

0 vote

What do you mean by "test session"? Are you talking about Jira Capture or automated testing in Bamboo, or something else?

Well i am taking about the Jira Capture "Create Session"

Ok. Has the plugin been added/enabled in your Jira Demo?

Yes Nic,

when i use the plug in its pointing to my production jira server instead of jira Demo .. so i am unable to create a session using plugin ...

is there any possiblity of creating the session in demo without plugin ..

I reconfigured and found that i don't have permission to create the Session in jira demo site .. :(

is there anyother way to help me with create test session in jira demo site

The test sessions are handled by Capture, so you MUST have Capture enabled in order to run the session.

I suspect you need to reconfigure the addon to point at a different server

Not really, you need to work this out in your system. What permissions are you missing and can you add them?

When i try to create a session, i'm getting the following message

You do not have permission to create a test session.The URL https://jira.atlassian.com sessions responded with a status code of 400

Ok. Capture respects the permissions in Jira. The most likely cause of that message is that your account does not have the right to create Jira issues in Jira.

Go to the standard Jira web ui and check that you can create issues in that project.

i can create and report the issues but i can't create the Session

i can create and report the issues but i can't create the Session

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

287 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot