Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not find the "Also delete child pages" Button/Checkbox

Lukas Rohrer January 31, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Delete or Restore a Page

When deleting a page with several child pages i can not find the "button" or "checkbox" that says "Also delete child pages" 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2017

Hmm.  Are you definitely on version 6?  Check the footer if in doubt.

Lukas Rohrer January 31, 2017

Thank you for the reply. My footer does not tell me anything about the version..... or I am not able to see it. I managed by deleting pages for 20 minutes....

4 votes
Marvin Brand March 10, 2022

This is absolutely ridiculous – seems like deleting a page with its child pages is still not possible in Confluence Cloud. I'm beginning to have strong doubts about Atlassian. @Dave Meyer 

Source: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/delete-restore-or-purge-a-page/

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-10 um 11.17.36.png

Sam Babic May 5, 2022

I was just affected by this. But it gets worse.

If the page you deleted had restrictions and the parent of that page did not, all of the children that get reparented are suddenly no restrictions. This obviously makes sense that it would do that, but without this option of deleting children, you are forced to first lock down the parent of the page you're deleting. Then individually delete each of the pages one by one, then go back and remove the restrictions on the parent.

Hopefully you notice this has occurred, or otherwise you may suddenly have a bunch of pages you wanted to be restricted, not being restricted.

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

Yes @Sam Babic 

Totally unhelpful lack of feature!

The only work around I can see which is just as annoying is

1. First create a new parent page with the restrictions you need.
  2. Move all the child pages under that
  3. Then delete the original parent page

👎

Silke Baumgarten December 14, 2022

Is Atlassian serious about this? I can't believe that this is a workaround for a basic feature that works on Confluence Server. We are currently looking into migrating to Confluence Cloud (because we are forced to do this). This is not a workaround for many of my colleagues some don't have the permission to create a new space. 

Are any efforts made on the part of Confluence that this problem will be solved??

Like # people like this
Gerd Tautenhahn January 16, 2023

Same problem for us, looks like Confluence Cloud is advertised as progressive but misses basic features which will shock you after migration.

Alex Rada July 17, 2023

same here. Confluence misses this basic feature.

you have to do a lot of work for basic needs. S

Started thinking of moving to alternatives.

0 votes
Christoph Kober February 15, 2018

As documented here, this highly useful feature disappeared.

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

My Cloud Confluence does not give any option to delete the childpages at the same time - it just warns me that they will be reassigned to the parent of the page being deleted

The <<Copy Page Tree>> plug in allows you to delete a page and all its children

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2017

Interesting.  It appears that Server is ahead of Cloud for a change!

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2017

+1 for Rodney - It's not on my Cloud either.  I know Atlassian roll out their upgrades in geographical tranches sometimes, so maybe it's just not hit us (or Rodney) yet....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events