I can edit every comment and question on answers.atlassian.com

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Since this morning I can edit every comment and question on answers.atlassian.com and i'm quite certain i am not supposed to. I can't do this from a test account i just created. Why can i do this and who can take this away?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2016

It's because your karma is now high enough that the system recognises you as a valuable and trusted user.

We could vote you down below the limit, but that's not really ideal.  Atlassian could block it with a bit of coding, but I don't think they're going to - there's talk of a big overhaul of Answers and other community sites on the way.

I personally tend not to edit other people's stuff unless it's directly offensive, although I have lost my temper at one or two people who spam us with bad answers in the form of adverts or necroposts, and done it then as well (I'm calmer now, and ignore them).  Atlassian are trusting you to be community minded.

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Jeez, i feel so valued. Thanks for the answer Nic.

1 vote
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2016

Hey @Bart Meerveld - 

We grant extra powers to users based on their reputation score. Since you've earned over 500 points you have the ability to edit and moderate on this site (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AAC/Expert+power for more information).

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2016

Ha, that's awesome. Brb, gonna edit the word "penis" into every question.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2016

I'd recommend scripting that if you must wink

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2016

It will be the greatest script ever written.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events