I am unable to create new project in my JIRA account

Charmi Pandya July 4, 2014

When I am clicking on submit button to create new project, it is giving me error and msg. that please contact your Administrator.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2014

What is the error and have you checked your logs for more details on it?

Charmi Pandya July 5, 2014

Hello,

When I clicked on 'submit' button, after entering the Project name & Key, I got error named 'Permission Violation'. Please Find attached screen shot for the same and kindly let me know the reason & solution for this issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2014
The permission scheme for this project is not set up to allow your account any browse rights. Check the default permissions
Charmi Pandya July 5, 2014

Hello,

Till today, I have created projects like this only, at that time I have not faced any such problem. Please assist me to create new project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2014
Again, check the permission scheme.
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2014

Hey Charmi,

It seems someone changed the Default Permission scheme on your instance and you do not have the Browse Projects permission anymore on it.

You are creating the projects successfully, BUT you do not have permission to access the project you just created.

You just need to change the Default Permission scheme and you should be good for your next projects and the ones you already created.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

I'm not sure if you are cloning any existing project.

If yes and that project does not have permission for your role then this error may occur.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2014

Details please, likely there is more, have you looked in the log JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log ?

Suggest an answer