I added a column called Priority and it is not showing on the Issue Navigator page. Please help

Errol Westwater June 25, 2012

I added a column called Priority and it is not showing on the Issue Navigator page. Please help

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

There was a similar question recently. Are you seeing a column titled "P" ? You will also see the priority images and when you hover over, you can see the value.

Hello Jobin,

Please find the attached screenshot showing the the Issue Navigations Column page and then the Issue Navigations page. The 1st attachment shows me adding it but the second attachment does not show it.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

Can you attach a screenshot? What do you mean by "known" problem?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2012

Is the field a custom field, or the built-in priority?

Is the field valid for all projects? (For the system field, check the field configurations, for a custom field, check those and the field context)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2012

Ok, that's good, and the screenshots are very clear too.

You definitely need to check the field configuration to see if the system priority field is valid for the filter you are running. There's actually a really quick and dirty test here - find an issue that has a priority set (check the issue view) and then run a filter for "Key = ABC-123" (assuming the issue is ABC-123). That should definitely show the priority in the navigator. It would be a useful test for us to chase down any other oddness going on too!

Hello Nic,

The Priority field is a default field within JIRA. I am just trying to get it to show up after i add it.

Thanks

errol

Suggest an answer