HttpServletRequest jar file

I am trying to develop a Crowd plugin, but getting stuck on HttpServletRequest (and its wrapper class) unresolved. Per Crowd documentation, it only required JDK 1.6 and hence I did not install JEE. By any chance are these classes only available in J2EE? Can you point me to a JAR file that I can download to resolve the issue? I am using Eclipse and I have tried referencing the servlet-api.jar from tomcat lib folder. That jar file only goes up to javax.servlet.http.*, but does not include the ....http.HttpServletRequest nor HttpServletRequestWrapper classes. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 answer

0 vote

You should put this in your pom:

Hi Jamie,

I am a .NET / C# developer and I am dealing with a huge learning curve with Servlets and Eclipse. I understand Project Object Model xml needs to be created for the project I am building? With Eclipse I am stumbling on all kinds of names like Maven, Indigo, Mylyn etc. Searching for pom.xml on the drive yields several in Eclipse folders under features and configuration folders. Am I to copy / paste one of these into my project folder to start? Any pointers to a very good quick read tutorial or book will get me started.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ganesh, well, the learning cliff is quite steep. Start by creating a project from an archetype in the Atlassian SDK. Googling for Atlassian SDK will get you what you need. That will create your pom.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

47 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot