How would the jgitflow plugin be used in a Jenkins release build

mike brosnan March 24, 2014

I have an end to end build project, pulling code from Stash, building using Jenkins and deploying to Nexus.

I've been looking at the the atlassian maven jgitflow plugin, and I've been stuggling to find some exmaples of usage.

How would I use this in a build process using Jenkins?

Does this plugin create a tag in stash?

I've been able to get the plugin to work by adding more configuration to the pom file.

more questions:

Does the ssh connection to the repo allow a push, it seems like it doesn't.

I use a profile in the pom to specify the snapshot and release respositories, and credentials are stored in a maven settings file.

When I use mvn clean deploy, this profile is picked up ok. when I use the gitflow goals, the profile is not picked up

"[WARNING] The requested profile "nexus-publish" could not be activated because it does not exist."

mvn -Pnexus-publish jgitflow:release-finish -f org.springframework.config.java.samples.petclinic/pom-nexustest-gitflow.xml -s /bldtools/maven_settings/alm_e2e_demo_nexusprod.xml

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2014

Hi,

I also use the JGitflow plugin now for the release process of Marvelution projects. And also hit this "issue" where my custom release profile was not being activated.

I found the using the activation trigger -DperformRelease=true fixed it. This property is being set in the release-finish release build phase.

I used to use mvn jgitflow:release-finish -Prelease and now use mvn jgitflow:release-finish

The following activation for the release profile in my settings xml (but profiles in pom.xml also work) will enable the profile in the release build phase of the plugin:

<profile>
    <id>release</id>
    <activation>
      <property>
        <name>performRelease</name>
        <value>true</value>
      </property>
    </activation>
  </profile>

mike brosnan March 26, 2014

Do you use ssh access to the git repository? I though that ssh access only gave read access, can this also push updates back to stash?

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 26, 2014

Yes I use ssh to connect to GIT but its on Bitbucket and not Stash, but don't think that is an issue. You do need to specify the git origin and I have the SSH Keys in my home directory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events