How to view cycle times for released versions?

Deleted user October 2, 2012

I like the rapid board's control chart, but we release 2 times a week and I would like to see our cycle times for the entire month (and longer). Is there any way to do this? I have been messing around with filters and even selecting no filters on the board still does not show data for our versions that have been released.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 2, 2012
Thanks Shaun for your help, that was part of the problem, my sub filter was only showing work that had not been released, so cleared out that filter so I would see all the data for my project. Also when I set up my rapid board I did not have a "closed" column. Since at the time I thought I was more interested in what was finished by QE (QE Done) than what was in closed...not to mention that Closed has about 2000 items in it, that is a bunch of clutter. But without the closed column the control chart doesn't give me the data I need. So a coworker of mine has a solution to that problem...she creates a swim lane called "Closed and Completed" where you can easily collapse all those items so that they don't clutter up your board. So with all those changes, my control chart now shows me the data a want! Yay!
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Hi Amanda,

Rather than just having a Closed and Completed swimlane, just filter them out by the work sub filter (e.g "status != Closed") then put closed in any column you like (it will never appear on work mode).

Thanks,
Shaun

Deleted user October 3, 2012

Great Shaun, did that and everything is where it should be. Thanks so much for the help!

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

Hi Amanda,

This should work today unless you created the board in an older version of GreenHopper.

In old versions the Filter for the board was set to something of the form 'project = x and ( fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY )'. This means that the whole board will only show issues that are not in a released version.

In later versions of GreenHopper we introduced the 'Work sub-filter' which allows released issues to be hidden from work mode but still be included in the reports. New boards created in that version would have a base filter of just 'project = x' and a work sub filter of 'fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY'

Try editing your board's base filter to remove the "fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY" part and put that section in the work sub filter.

Thanks,
Shaun

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events