Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the extension mechansim of jgitflow

Erjan Altena April 13, 2017

Looking in the code of JGitFlow there seems to be some extension mechanism. With this mechanism some pre/post hooks can be implemented for releaseStart/teleaseFinish, featureStart/featureFinish etc.  in user defined classes. These classes can than be  providided with their FQCN in the pom.xml file. In the API jar there are some interface classes defined.

This is a quite undocumented feature (only what I could find was https://jgitflow.bitbucket.io/release-finish-mojo.html#releaseFinishExtension)

I like to know how to use this feature:

* How to implement such a class (do I need to sepcify some annotations)
* How exactly should I refer from the pom file to the class-file(s)

It would be nice to have a a working example.

Background:

We have a huge maven submodule project (>100 submodules) When we create a feature branch we need a unique version name in so that the artifacts in the feature-branch have a different version as the develop branch. This is achieved by setting the enableFeatureVersion to true.

This means that all pom files are updated. When a pull request is done to develop and a code review has to be done before featureFinish, we see >100 pom files which are changed. This clobbers the overview of the actual change.

To prevent this we have set the version as a property in the parent pom. But the enableFeatureVersion does not adapt the version-property but the version itself (and al the versions in the child poms). Our thoughts where to set enableFeatureVersion to false and to change the version-property with a post-featureStart hook and to reset it with a pre-featurefinish hook.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Erjan

1 answer

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2019

HI @Erjan Altena !

I'm sorry no one came to your help back then.

Have you found any more information/documentation?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events