How to use the Metadata Macro in a global template

Thomas Klug April 11, 2012

I want to use the metadata macro in a template but it does work. It shows me Macro unknown.

Is there a special syntax?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2012

Hi,

that is an extra plugin. You need to install it as admin via the plugin managament page. Then, if it is installed there, check the macro browser - if it is listed there, it is installed and you can insert it via the browser.

Just know that just inserting the data wont help you much. You will need plugins or functions to "use" the metadata (eg. reporting plugin or scroll office use metadata, if found.

Thomas Klug April 11, 2012

Hi,

I use Confluence 4.1 onDemand, and the Plugin is allready installed. There is also the detailsummary macro which uses the metaddatas. But this only works if I use it in a page. It doesn't work in a template (because the template is created with Wiki Markup).

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2012

Can you post an example of what you're using in the template?

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events