Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use different logins for community vs. my.atlassian.com?

AdminTeam EMC April 7, 2017

First off: love the new community site. The search is so much better!

I'd like to know if there is any way to use different logins for the community site vs. my.atlassian.com (which is where we manage licenses and support requests).

Why, you ask?

Our login for my.atlassian.com is actually a company distribution list, with multiple recipients. I use the community login to post individual questions, and the responses shouldn't go everyone.

Both the community and my.atlassian.com sites seem to use the same SSO service and when I click login on the community site, I don't get a chance to switch logins.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

Atlassian is increasingly expecting and asking individual users to use their sites, not shared accounts.

The best you'll be able to do is go to the main id site (id.atlassian.com) and log out.  That will force a new login on all the others.

0 votes
Milo Chan April 7, 2017

This is me adding to my question as my "individual" login.

I can login as "me" to the community and as "company" to my.atlassian.com, by logging out of both sites and then logging in first to the community, then to my.atlassian.com.

But the cookies seem to expire really quickly, since after a couple of days I had to re-login to the community. (This was cumbersome, since I first had to logout of my.atlassian.com.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events