How to use Fisheye push authenticated with ssh pubkey

How to use fisheye with ssh key authentication... I have tried several ways... and all of them failed.

Unfortunatelly this is not a straight-forward description and it's a bit confusing.

In the end I would like to have something like bitbucket or github (upload your public key and you're done). I know it isn't currently possible. There are two options:

- Upload private key (you mean public key)...

- Generate keypair and it prints out pubkey (but it probably should print private key)...

And .git/config as it follows

[remote "origin"]
    url = git@fisheye:/git/myproject.git
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

and .ssh/config

Host fisheye
    PubkeyAuthentication yes
    IdentitiesOnly yes
    IdentityFile ~/.ssh/

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Daniel Rohan Atlassian Team Jan 23, 2013

Hello MattEvangelist,

We actually considered this feature here but due to other developments, it will not be addressed:

From product management:

Due to the deprecation of managed Git repositories in FishEye we are not going to tackle this issue.

Follow the link below to learn more about the deprecation of internally managed repositories:

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

187 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot