How to undo sprint once we started?

Miki Yuzawa April 17, 2012

Hi,

I am using Greenhopper plugin to do Scrum, and I need to undo sprint I started. How can I undo?

On Rapid Board page, I created new rapid board, and I clicked "Start Sprint" button on Sprint Marker to start the sprint. However, I need to cancel it. I need to back to the stage where no rapid board existed.

Thank you,

Miki

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

A workaround is to complete the sprint in the work mode, the pending issues anyway will be returned to the plan view. And create the new sprint.

Miki Yuzawa April 18, 2012

Thank you for your info. If I do this, the data in JIRA is going to be affected, right?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2012

It will show that you item was done in multiple sprints including the one you made by mistake (in the agile panel while viewing the issue). But not a big issue, if you can rename the existing sprint with some word like (aborted sprint).

Also you can wait for comments from others whether there are any other way to achieve this.

@shaunclowesatlassian are you around?

Suggest an answer