How to stop certain user to become flooded with notification emails

Patrik Bredin February 24, 2013

Hi!

We have activated notification emails for most events including issue updated. The problem is that users that are assigned to or reporters of a large number of issues are flooded with notification emails. It as become such a problem that we are considering to disable notification mails for the issue updated event.

We would like some kind of hold-back timer that could collect changes (e.g. 5 changes for one issue would be collected in one single email to the reporter and one email to the assignee) and push them out e.g. once per hour.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2013

Hi Patrik,

Good to see you here as well, just to share this information so other customers might have chance to look at the improvement request and vote for it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1369

There is an improvement ticket created for this purpose, please vote and watch this issue if you would like to have the developers implement this.

Thanks, and hope there is more answers to suggest further on this :)

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

I wrote JDigest a few years back, it needs refershing and releasing for JIRA5, something I'll be working on soon, watch the JDigest plugin for releases too.

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2013

Sorry my bad, was intended to link to the JAC ticket.

Already updated the link, please help to vote and watch this ticket :)

0 votes
Trupti Gaikwad February 27, 2013

We are also facing this issue. However, when chekced JSP-152973 got an error as permission vioalation. Can you please suggest solution for this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events