It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to set values for an issue using listeners?

Hi, I am writing a listener to handle one of the event. I dont see any methods in the Issue object for setting values to some custom fileds defined. Is it not possible to set values to Issue object using listeners?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

It's quite easy, but an issue object is an object. If you want to change something, you need to work with a mutable issue instead.

Remember that even when you have one of those, you won't be able to change the status directly, but you'll be able to change everything else on the issue.

Hi Nic, Thanks for your answer.

I followed the second approach for writing the listener and placed the jar in the installed plugins folder. When i try add the listener to jira, i am getting the following exception..

Class [com.examples.jira.listeners.MoveIssueListener] is not of type JiraListener

Please advise

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Featured Groups

Mythbusters: I'm too new to contribute to Community

Editor’s note: The Welcome Center is a great place to learn how best to navigate the Atlassian Community. “My question is SO basic. I don’t feel comfortable asking it here.” “I don’t have nearl...

257 views 10 16
View post

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you