Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up mail requests to issues/project

jpaszka September 12, 2016

Hello all,

We have a number of external customers for whom we do support (about 25 companies)

For each customer I have created a different service desk project with different SLA's. Our contact email address is the same for all. How can I set up the incoming emails so that each email creates a new issue (or adds comments to existing ones) in the appropriate project? 

As an additional information, from each company, we receive email only from certain key members (3 or 4 per company)

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2016

There's no way the built-in handler can know what project an issue should be created in, so you can't really do this.  In plain JIRA, there are options with add-ons that would allow you to script or use add-ons designed for this, but as far as I'm aware there are none for Service Desk yet.  Although the advanced mail handlers in add-ons should actually pick up the mail before it goes to the project, so you could use one of them.

Comments should be fine as long as they contain a reference to the issue being commented on

jpaszka September 12, 2016

Thank you for your answer. So from this I get, that I cannot create a setup in the internal mail handlers so that I can filter out the emails by the sender's email address (or customer user name). Am I correct?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2016

Correct, they have very simple code and no functions for the kind of sorting you need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events