How to set up he project so all the users can see all the issues?

Phoebus Energy LTD Phoebus Energy December 3, 2012

Hi,

I have a project with issues I created. I want all the users to use the same fillter so they can see all the issues. The ones they were assigned to and the ones that they haven't. How can I do that?

Thanks,

Shachar

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

unless you didn't modify or created any persmission schemes that are assigned to your project it sounds like you don't have to do that much.

cause default permissions allow exactly that what you have in your description.

note:

Default Perission Scheme has the "Browse Project" Permission set to group "jira-users" which is everybody who can login to jira. this will make the project accessable by anybody and see its content.

if you didn't set some special issue security levels (you might need this in some cases) all issues should be viewable by everybody.

when you talk about filter you may add a gadget to your system dashboard (Administration/System/Userinterface)

where i select the "Filter Results" gadget and make it show your desired filter.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

i assume you already created the filter you want to be used and it is "Shared with all users"

if so and you know that all users are using the Default System Dashboard you may read this

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+the+Default+Dashboard

Phoebus Energy LTD Phoebus Energy December 3, 2012

I created "open issues" filtter. How do I set it to be "Shared with all users"?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

manage filters...edit <your filter> and add your selection

maybe you set "Add Shares" to Project and select your desired project in the next step. cause i think this sounds better than the yellow note

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events