How to set default tempo account for a project?

Kramarics György September 30, 2013

If a project has multiple tempo accounts, but mostly we use only one, how can I set it to default?

10 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kramarics György October 7, 2013

So, summarizing all, it is not possible. When more than one accounts related to a project, the select fields "default value" is "Please select". It's impossible to select one by a transition or filed configuration but It wolud be. To order the accounts is not a really good solution, because my problem is why should I choose one all the time? I think I only should choose when I need to use antoher one.

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013

We value feedback and comments on how we can make Tempo better, so if you have a feature request, please create an issue in our Atlassian JIRA (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTMPO).
Other users with similar requests can vote on these issues and contribute by adding comments that will help Tempo developers implement the request.

Regards

Susanne

1 vote
Alexei Ferreira June 19, 2018

You can use Script runner to do this and hide de account field. 

Make a script that set's the account for the issue type that you want on post function at creation or after. Or you may create a listener that changes it every time an issue is created.

1 vote
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

Hi,

the accounts are ordered by the key not by date of creation. So If you want the mostly used account on top of the list, you give it a number ending in f.x. 00 and then order the others with 01,02.. depending on their use.

Hope this helps

Susanne

Kramarics György October 2, 2013

Susanne,

Thank you it might help.

Regards,

Gyuri

1 vote
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2013

Hi,

it is not possible to set one account as default if the project has multiple tempo accounts connected to it. What you can do is create Tempo Account as JIRA custom field. Then, when you create a new issue, you can choose which of the accounts this issue belongs to (you can choose from the accounts connected to the project) and all worklogs are connected to it. Please take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Tempo+Account+as+JIRA+Custom+Field for more information on how to create this custom field.

Best regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Hello Susanne,

Thank you for your answer. I'm doing same. It would be advantegeous to set the mostly used to default, and change it when it's necessary. I can't set it in the field configuration. As Ramiro mentioned, they orderd by the creation date. Is it a correct point? Is it matter which has been added first time to the project? I'm affraid, not.

Kinnd regards,

Gyuri

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2013

Hi, If I'm not wrong it's not possible to select one to be by default... It will be showed on your screen in the order they have been created.

Hi Ramiro,

Thank you for your answer. I'm afraid, you are right. I have got the same result. This is a nice to have function, but a little bit wierd, isn't it? I tried to set it in a workflow transition, but I failed.

Have a nice day,

Gyuri

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2014

Hi Eric

I have added a link to this answer in our internal issue so you will be notified upon release.

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Eric Almquist June 4, 2014

Thank you for letting me know.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2014

Hi Eric,

yes, this is part of the same problem and we are taking a look at it. I can not give you a date/ version yet when this improvements will be released, most likely late in Q2/ early Q3.

Eric Almquist March 11, 2014

Susanne,

Thank you for letting us know.

Eric Almquist June 2, 2014

Susanne,

Any updates on this? I apologize if I missed it in your releases updates.

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2014

Hi

This is not supported in the current Tempo Timesheets version, but it has been requested in https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTMPO-742<br< a="">>Please follow the issue above for all updates.

We value feedback and comments on how we can make Tempo better, so if you'd like to contribute to this request, please vote on it and add a comment that will help Tempo developers to implement this request.

You can click on the labels to view similar requests.

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Eric Almquist March 11, 2014

Sverrir or Susanne,

Would this be related to why the Tempo Account field won't hold the value when you create a task and check the "Create Another" box? Every other field, including the Tempo Team field retains the value from the first task created, but the Account field goes back to the initial value.

0 votes
Kramarics György March 5, 2014

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your answer. I 'm doing the same way. My problem is that I can not set only one as a default account. It would be more comfortable If I need to set it on an issue, when I don't want to use the default. And that is not possible.

György

0 votes
tomc March 5, 2014

If you have multiple projects, you can create account which is only available for certain project. This way the selection is so that first you have the accounts only for that project, then global accounts.

If you do not have global accounts at all, you can assign accounts to projects so that selection list remains smaller.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events