How to search commenters? Groovy script?

Rumceisz July 10, 2012

Hi All,

many users of our Jira instance request for a solution which results all the issues they have commented on.

So they would like to get all the issues they had commented at least once.

Is there a script or plugin for this?

We have version JIRA 4.3.4 so we guess that the issue navigator cannot do that but maybe...

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2012

I use the "participants" field in the Jira Toolkit to do this. It's "commented on, current assignee or reporter", so it's not 100% what you want, but

• It's pretty close
  • It's a useful thing even if it's not right
  • It's an excellent place to "borrow" the code from if you want to write your own
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2012

I suspect you can do it with Groovy, but I've only ever used that for updating stuff, not displaying.

Rumceisz July 10, 2012

Hi Nic,

thank you for the suggestion!

Is there also a Groovy script to do that? I guess it can but I am not aquinted with this scripting.

Thanks

Rumi

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

JQL Tricks Plugin has a method to do this. It provides a JQL function to do this. It is a commercial plugin btw!

0 votes
Rumceisz July 10, 2012

Any idea somebody?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events