How to remove expired product licenses from default application access?

Gladcraft Digital LLC March 12, 2013

Hello,

During my trial period, I tried several Atlassian products, but before my trial ended I chose to continue with only Jira and Greenhopper.

All is working fine, except when I issue an invitation to a new user, they are rejected when they try to register because "the maximum users allowed" has been reached. We only have 4 users currently. When I use at user application access, I see that there are columns for all of the products I am no longer use. They show "expired". I gather from documentation that I somehow need to remove these from "default application access" but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

I can add a new user manually, but I'd like to clear this up.

Thanks,

David

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Mason
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2013

Hi David,

I've fixed this up on your instance. For anyone else, if only JIRA is active the "Default Application Access" link isn't visible, but you can access it directly at https://example.atlassian.net/secure/admin/user/EditDefaultApplicationAccess!default.jspa. Hit Save on that page (leave JIRA ticked), and you'll be set.

Gladcraft Digital LLC March 19, 2013

Thank you Nick. Invited users are now able to register, so that's solved. Is it normal for me to still be seeing services I'm not using in the Users, Application Access area? See attached image.

Nick Mason
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2013

Yep, it'll show all the applications there, even if you only have JIRA active. :)

Gladcraft Digital LLC March 21, 2013

Thank you :)

1 vote
Ernest
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2013

Hi David,

You can update the default application access of newly created users for your OnDemand instance by going to the Admin Cog > Global Access > Default Application Access page. Make sure only JIRA is checked.

You can learn more here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+application+access

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Ernest

Gladcraft Digital LLC March 15, 2013

Hi Ernest,

In my OnDemand instance, when I click the Admin Cog, I don't see "Global Access" or as the documentation link you gave suggests "Global Users". I see the following options: Jira Admin, Projects, Add-ons, Users, Issues, System. Under "Users", I see "Application Access" which allows me to assign applications to specific users, but I haven't found "Default Application Access".

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
David

Ernest
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2013

Hi David,

It appears that you may have hit a bug in the OnDemand licensing system. I have raised a support request on your behalf in support.atlassian.com and one of the OnDemand support engineers will investigate this further.

Cheers
Ernest

1 vote
Yilin
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2013

You should open an support ticket to our OnDemande support team, they will help you to clean up the things.

Suggest an answer