How to remove existing fix version when releasing

Keji Adedeji December 6, 2012

I'm having some trouble with performing releases on my rapid board. All of the stories in the board have an existing fix version. When we use the release functionality on the rapid board, it adds the release version to the fix versions.

Is there a way to ensure that when I perform a release:

1. The existing fix version is replaced by the release fix version?

2. Auto-transition the selected issues to the last status of the workflow?

1 answer

0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

Hi there,

Actually in Kanaban board you shouldn't have issues with fix version, unless you have changed your board's filter by removing the 'Work Sub-Filter' :

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY

If so, you will need to add this filter again to your work-sub filter which can filter all the issues with existing fix version.

Regarding your second question, do you mean that after you release issues, will be auto-transition to the last status?

Cheers,

Omar

Keji Adedeji December 9, 2012

Regarding my first question:

I am having issues with the Kanban board and fix version, I will raise a support issue for this. I have not changed the "Work Sub-Filter", yet when we did a release this week, all stories which were released ended up with 2 fix versions.

Just to be clear, all stories on the board have a fix version e.g. product stack, then when we release, we give it a release fix version e.g. release 101. What we are expecting to happen is that the story ends up with 1 fix version i.e. release 101. However, the stories are ending up with 2 fix versions product stack & release 101 and still appearing on the board.

For my second question:

Yes, I would like, after I release issues, for there to be an auto-transition to the last status. Is this possible?

Suggest an answer