How to remove background color of a cell in a table in Confluence

I have set some background colors on cells in a table. I inserted a new column and these cell colors were duplicatd in the new column. How do you remove a background cell color. I have set the the "set cell color" to none and it still does not remove the color. Using page edit in Confluence 5.5.2

3 answers

0 vote

Maybe add the style attribute?

style="background-color: #HEXCODE;"

Probably replied too fast. This is for dev. If you are talking about Confluence editor, this doesn't apply!!

I am still waiting for a solution. As you know, your response was not relevant.

Steven Behnke Community Champion Aug 08, 2014

It sounds like it's bugged out. Can you copy the table to another Confluence page and confirm that the issue happens over there?

I copied it over to a new page and the same thing happens. I can add a color backgroung to an exisiting cell and change it back to none. I cannont change the exisitng background of a cell back to none.

Any updates on this?

It's October, 2016, and the problem still exists

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

442 views 6 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you