How to remove background color of a cell in a table in Confluence

David Fisher July 29, 2014

I have set some background colors on cells in a table. I inserted a new column and these cell colors were duplicatd in the new column. How do you remove a background cell color. I have set the the "set cell color" to none and it still does not remove the color. Using page edit in Confluence 5.5.2

4 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Maybe add the style attribute?

style="background-color: #HEXCODE;"

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Probably replied too fast. This is for dev. If you are talking about Confluence editor, this doesn't apply!!

David Fisher August 7, 2014

I am still waiting for a solution. As you know, your response was not relevant.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2014

It sounds like it's bugged out. Can you copy the table to another Confluence page and confirm that the issue happens over there?

David Fisher August 10, 2014

I copied it over to a new page and the same thing happens. I can add a color backgroung to an exisiting cell and change it back to none. I cannont change the exisitng background of a cell back to none.

0 votes
Leo September 10, 2018

I had the same problem -- I just manually recreate the those cells and paste the contents from the colored ones and then delete the colored ones. --- works if you don't have a lot cells to handle.

0 votes
Felicia Hsieh September 16, 2016

It's October, 2016, and the problem still exists

0 votes
David Fisher August 7, 2014

Any updates on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events