How to reflect the Whole process in Jira ?

Yasmine Rifai January 16, 2014

Hello, I used to work with Rally software, and I moved to a new company and I am working now on configuring Jira and re-engineering the process.

what I need is that I want to reflect with Jira the whole process, creating a user story ( by product owners) then for this user story , QA will add test cases, Dev will add tasks , and then qa will test the test cases, add results as passed or failed , and add bugs related to this user story. How can I reflect this in Jira? is it through workflow. I hope someone can help with that . Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2018

@Yasmine Rifai I would suggest to track QA Workflow for your JIRA Project separately using a dedicated JIRA add-on for Test Management. like https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1014681/zephyr-for-jira-test-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Your QA team can also create bugs relevant of the test cases that are created and tracked using this add-on.

0 votes
Yasmine Rifai January 19, 2014

I added till now one workflow that I customized to fit the way we work here in my company, but it works only for bugs, enhancements or new features. how do I exactly create this complete workflow that has all I listed. I dont know how to connect them :(

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2014

Hi Yasmine,

You could create a complete workflow for your stories that's not a problem.

You could even use different kinds of sub tasks for QA, DEV,... users with their own specific workflows to indicate clearly the different tasks and the relation with the story.

You could also simply change the assignee and the status to indicate the step in which the story currently is.

So it's indeed perfectly possible, I would advise you to try it out in a test environment and simply keep trying different workflows in combination with issue types, custom fields and screens untill you find something that works for you.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer