cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to publish news on Confluence dahsboard

Naama Lev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

Hello Experts

We have confluence installed instance version 5.5.1

I'm now trying to find a way to display generic news on the confluence dashboard that everybody will see when opening confluence in their browsers. These would be generic news, i.e. they're not linked to a specific topic/space in Confluence.

In addition it should be possible for every user to add news entries to this news section.

Is there a function somewhere in Confluence to do this (maybe I've simply not been able to find it) or is there a module/plugin etc. available to do this? 

In addition - I would like to restict the news section to be seen only be specific group 

Thanks for in advance for your help/input.

Naama

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2015

A lo-fi option would be to add an include page macro to the dashboard template (you can edit the dashboard by going to Global Templates and Blueprints admin page, and find the 'Default Welcome Message' part and edit it). 

The page you include could be from a special space (say, called NEWS), and is set to be editable to a specific group you want to be able to add news entries, and restrict the view permission to those who you want to be able to view the news. To add news, simply edit that page that is included. Then it should show up on the dashboard just for those who have permission because the page include macro will check permissions on the page.

Naama Lev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

1 vote
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2015

You may want to try our Custom Dashboards add-on for Confluence, which allows you to replace the default dashboard of Confluence with a custom one defined on a wiki page. There you could use the Blogposts macro or our News Teaser macro to list the most recent news by label. With this solution, other users could easily contribute by just adding a certain label to their important blogposts.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events