How to perform XML backup with reverse proxy enabled

I attempting to upgrade from JIRA 5.1 to 7.3.  We wish to do this by migrating to a new server as the ops sys (Redhat 6) on our JIRA server is out dated as well.  Following Atlassian's instructions, "Migrating JIRA to Another Server",  an XML backup needs to be performed with no users commected to avoid an incosistent backup.

We have several Atlassian products and they were set up using a reverse proxy server for access using AJP protocol.  The problem I'm having is that if I disable the proxy server, I am unable to log on to the JIRA server directly to do the XML backup.  I get the error message The <myJiraServer> page isn't working.  <myJiraServer> didn't send any data.

The HTTP entries on the JIRA server are commented out in the server.xml file.  I'm guessing this is the reason I can't connect directly.  Can someone provide instructions on temporarily disabling ajp / enabling http so I can block users and connect locally and make the backup?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

91 views 3 6
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you