How to move an item out of a rapid board sprint back to a plan back log?

Sam Thomson March 7, 2012

I created a sprint from backlog items on the plan part of the rapid board, this then moved them to the 'todo' rapid board. I would like to move some of those items back to the backlog. How can this be done?

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
David Klanac August 13, 2012

As of today, it is possible to click gear icon on a displayed issue within the Rapid Board to reveal a dropdown menu containing the option to "Remove from sprint"

admin August 17, 2017

Given that this is 5 years old, I'm guessing commenting here is pointless.  But regardless, this solution moves the ticket ahead to a future sprint--exactly what I would not want/expect when I "remove from sprint".

0 votes
ben turner May 15, 2012

I checked into adding that Sprint input field and it only appears that i can place this field on issue create and issue resolved screens. I can't seem to work it into any of the regular edit paths.

0 votes
ben turner May 14, 2012

But there isn't a way to signify that the work item has been decidedly removed from the Sprint. We just have to notify everyone not to touch several times rather than removing it from their working path?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

I am assuming that this feature should be coming soon. As a workaround you can add the Sprint field in the issue edit screen and remove them using normal Jira edit.

0 votes
ben turner May 14, 2012

Is there any word on when this might be allowed? I also have issues that I need to return to the backlog.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2012

When you finish the sprint it will come back to the backlog.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2012

Not possible at the moment I guess. Planned in coming releases.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events