How to modify fisheye interface (logo, header, favicon)

I'm trying to make some interface modification in fisheye 2.8 but have difficulty because, i'm thinking, you're using cache system.

I need to modify the header banner (including logo) and the favicon.

Thanks for help.

1 answer

Hi KeavenMartin,

Take a look at this article about customizing FishEye/Crucible logo. That could be helpful.

Hello Macedo,

Thanks for help, but when i modify fecru.png to change logo and I restart the logo doesn't change. I have verify the web page and the image was in the correct file and i view all image in this page via browser (localy), but if I look at the fecru.png image it was the default one and not mine.

Do you have others ideas.

That's weird! I've tested locally and logo has changed. My steps were:

1. In my case I have FishEye+Crucible so I've stopped application.

2. gone to /fisheye/static/m8qhao/2static/images/masthead/

3. created a backup of original fecru.png

4. replaced original fecru.png for a customized logo keeping the name fecru.png (of course) which is referenced into code.

5. Started application.

Application will start with old logo but when I hit F5 the new logo is loaded and displayed.

Could you please review your steps and make sure you've followed these steps?

I have found the problem, I only have to clean the navigator cache after.

Now I'm trying to modify the favicon .../fisheye/static/m8qhao/images/favicon.ico but this doesn't work. I have clear my browser cas and restart fisheye/crucible.

Do you have one idea?

Hey KeavenMartin,

Well the favicon file that you're trying to change is correct. I was able to modify it and my steps were:

1. downloaded a program to convert images to .ico files (I used SimplyIcon);

2. turned a image into .ico file, renamed it to favicon and replaced it into m8qhao/images/ folder;

NOTE: for some reason the SO (windows in my case) keeps displaying the old favicon image even after replacement (well I just ignored that...);

3. Then I've started application and cleaned browser cache (FF in my case)

4. So new favicon has been displayed.

I hope this could help you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

189 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot