How to manage roles in Jira

Hello,

I am new to Jira, I want to know how to configure roles as Dev, QA, Product owners, and how to assign each step to the corresponding role.

Best,

Yasmine

1 answer

You may decide to have different project roles for different stakeholders say Developers, QA, however important thing is to decide how would these project roles vary in terms of permissions they have.

JIRA out of the box you cannot assign an issue to a project role member. What you can do is that for each of the transitions on your workflow, you can present a assignee field so the transitioner can then assign it to the respective member whom he wants to assign the issue to

Rahul

where I can find o configure the assignee field?

yep thats wat i need but i need more details to know exactly how to and where i can find, cz i still dnt know much about the screens , permissions etc... I need as u said, the field to be only showing to people ou can present a assignee field so the transitioner can then assign it to the respective member whom he wants to assign the issue to

What do you mean by "configure" the field?

• It offers the user a list of users determined by them having the "can be assigned issues" permission in the project
  • To determine where it appears, you edit the screens in Jira
  • The field will only be available to people who have the "can assign issues" permission in the project

Other than that, I'm afraid I need to know what you mean by "configure" in a bit more detail.

Start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screensfor fields and screens.

For the stuff about assignable/can-assign, look to the left of that page for the help with "permissions"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 4 hours ago in Europe

Topic Tuesday: Pizza Toppings

Today we're off to Canary Wharf for our next event at Moody's  Investors Service, so I hope you can all make it. Please RSVP here if you can: https://aug.atlassian.com/events/deta...

13 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you