• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • How to make the Jira links in my local Jira show up as my IP address for users, even though they are definitely logged in using the IP address instead of localhost?

How to make the Jira links in my local Jira show up as my IP address for users, even though they are definitely logged in using the IP address instead of localhost?

Jeff Copeland December 29, 2011

I am running the 10 user Jira 4.4.1 locally on my XP machine for prototyping. Though my users can access my Jira using my IP address, once they login many of the links appear with localhost instead of the IP address. I have poked around in the Atlassian directories, including conf and tried to substitute my IP for localhost for example in server.xml and then I restarted my server but the issue still persists.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2011

Look in general configuration for the "base url" - you should change that to the ip address of your machine. I'd put all the files you've changed back the way you found them too...

Jeff Copeland January 12, 2012

Thanks Nic. Appreciate the answer which arrived about the same time Tyler answered also.

0 votes
Jeff Copeland December 29, 2011

THANKS to Tyler Davis for answering my question. I had been all over google and Answers, but did NOT see the simple General Configuration on the Admin screen (forest for the trees). Changing the Base URL as Tyler suggested did the trick. Hope this saves the next person some time.

Suggest an answer