How to integrate custom authenticator in plugin

david kreuter December 2, 2013

Is there a way to implement a custom authenticator within a plugin higher than type 1 class? The purpose is to make the plugin installable with the UPM instead of copying the jar file into the lib folder. To make the custom authenticator working you have to implement the our own one and adjus the seraph config xml file to activate our own authenticator.

https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-seraph/latest/sso.html

Is there any authentication module for plugin development, which can be used for registering an custom authenticator?

At the moment I have implemented following workflow to detect a valid authenticated user via kerberos:

- Instance is secured via upfornt apache proxy using kerberos auth module
- Plugin implements a filter which detectes the existence of HTTP remote user and sets the session variables for the user (no user principal set -> have to figure out HOW -> any help appriciated :-) )

Thanking you in advane.

2 answers

1 vote
Manuel Jesús Recena Soto January 18, 2015

Hello David,

I'm in same situation. I'd like to extend JiraSeraphAuthenticator using a JIRA Plugin but doesn't exist any plugin module type to do this. I've tried Component Plugin Module but doesn't work because SERAPH tries to load my class before my plugin is loaded.

Regards,

0 votes
david kreuter January 21, 2015

Hi Manuel,

at the time I was dealing with the problem I did not find any solution, so we decided to create a type 1 plugin, which you need to install manually and not with the help of UPM. The major reason for not allowing the injection of custom authentication is security, I assume.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events