How to install custom plugin in a remote agent.

My company has created a custom plugin and this works on the local agent, but is not installed on the remote agents, which are windows machine.

We are now wondering if we can just drop the jar file on the remote agent. But so far the file has worked. I tried

This is jar file, but from looking other plugins on the remote server I can see that they are installed in bamoo-home/caches/plugins/transfromed-plugins and bamoo-home/plugins/user-installed

I get the error

error	09-Aug-2017 13:36:32	Could not execute task  no Plugin with key 'com.xyleme.bamboo.plugin.xyleme:xyleme.reporter' is installed

Any ideas? Can I instal this? Or do I need the dev team to change the plugin in some way. Any help would be great.

2 answers

Have you tried uploadig the add-on on "manage add-ons" in UPM?

Yes this is how we got the plugin to work on the local agents.

But it does not install/load it on the remote agents.

0 vote

Hello Paula. Did you manage finally to run your plugin on the Windows remote agent? Or the problem remains still unresolved?

Currently I'm having probably the same issue. But my plugin is just a simple Hello World, made by following the Atlassian tutorial and nothing more so far. It works correctly on the Linux local agent but fails with the same error message as yours, on the Windows remote agent.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

282 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot