How to import issues into JIRA from CSV with custom fields of nFeed

Deleted user April 9, 2013

I try to import issues from external system (CSV), but i have problems with some custom fields (nFeed custom field), they arent listed on Fields of JIRA when i match up, so how i can include this custom fields on this list?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

Hi Antonio,

Try setting the custom field context to "Global" as per described here:

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Field#AddingaCustomField-CustomFieldContext

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Deleted user April 10, 2013

Hi Lucas,

The custom field context its setting on "Global", I din't explain very well, I'll try better now:

In our JIRA, we have two custom fields of nFeed, well, the next step that we want its import external issues from a CSV file where two of this columns are the values for those custom fields created previously in JIRA with nFeed.

The problem its when we trying to import we cant assign this columns with this fields, they aren't on the list.

Sorry for my bad English.

1 vote
JA September 17, 2013

Just as a follow up to any looking for this answer, I was unsuccessful importing issues with nFeed fields utilizing CSV, but I was successful with JSON. Using the JSON importer you can set the fieldType correctly and import a issue like this and if done right all your nFeed dependencies seem to be respected with the newly created custom fields.

{
  "projects" : [ {
   "key" : "ABC",
   "issues":[
      {
         "summary":"This is my Test Issue",
         "customFieldValues": [
         			{
         				"fieldName":"Custom nFeed Field",
         				"fieldType":"com.valiantys.jira.plugins.SQLFeed:com.valiantys.jira.plugins.sqlfeed.customfield.type",
         				"value":"This is my nFeed Value"
         			},
         			{
         				"fieldName":"Custom nFeed Field-2",
         			  "fieldType":"com.valiantys.jira.plugins.SQLFeed:com.valiantys.jira.plugins.sqlfeed.customfield.type",
         			  "value":"This is my second Value"
         			}
         ],
         "description":"My Issue description",
         "assignee":"yourAssignee",
         "reporter":"yourReporter",
         "status":"Closed",
         "priority":"Minor/Medium",
         "issueType":"YourIssueType"
      } ]
    } ]
}

0 votes
JA September 9, 2013

Hello Antonio, did you ever find a solution to your question? We are running into the same issue here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events