• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • How to give the Super Administrator Role to someone? I have given administrator permission to few people but i would like to give super admin role to my manager, could you help me with that?

How to give the Super Administrator Role to someone? I have given administrator permission to few people but i would like to give super admin role to my manager, could you help me with that?

Vartika Garg August 21, 2013

How to give the Super Administrator Role to someone? I have given administrator permission to few people but i would like to give super admin role to my manager, could you help me with that?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2013

It depends on what you mean by "super admin rights"

To summarise the documentation @ck pointed you at earlier, there are two levels of Administrator in Jira:

Jira System Admin: Has complete access to all administrative functions. Restricted to Atlassian people on the OnDemand platform, so you will NOT be able to grant it to anyone.

Jira Admin: Can configure the application, but is missing rights that are system level.

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

From global permission - refer https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions

Give both 'JIRA System Administrators' and 'JIRA Administrators' access to them.

Java Version 1.6.0_26

i know, But I dont see the option to make give the permission of jira System Administrator.. I see Jira Administrator but not the Jira System Administrator.

in that case.. Administrator rights are the super Admin rights?

Whoever is administrator he has the the most available rights to do things in Jira.

Thanks Nic.

I get your point.

thanks!

Like sergej.jevsejev likes this
0 votes

Soryr about that -:

Jira Version is

Version 6.1-OD-05-2
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2013

OD? Does that mean you are using "OnDemand", where you can not create system admins because it's limited to Atlassian support?

yeah, I think so!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2013

Ok, well, if you're using OnDemand, you can't have System Admin rights, it's limited to support people at Atlassian.

Suggest an answer