How to get time spent / time remaining totals per project

Xiao Yu October 10, 2012

I feel a bit n00bish asking this but I thought it would be a completely trivial task but I just can't find a way. Is there no dashboard item I can use that would show simply the total time spent and total time remaining for each project? It seems like the most basic functionality needed for account management.

3 answers

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2012

You can also generate a Time Tracking Report

Go to your project dashboard. On the Summary page, click on "Reports" and select "Time Tracking Report"

Xiao Yu October 10, 2012

this is for an individual project for an individual version. I can get this from the chart view or the task view as well. But how can I get a dashboard view of total time remaining and time spent for all projects for all versions

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2012

I don't think there are any gadgets capable of doing that. There is a related feature request though

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4916

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2012

Or subscribe for Tempo plugin for your instance in OnDemand.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

You can write a project tab panel plugin to display this information.

Xiao Yu October 10, 2012

I don't think I can do custom plugins for OnDemand

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

Yep I realised you were looking at "OnDemand" so gave you a second answer. To generate a "Time Tracking Report" for a particular project from your project dashboard.

Suggest an answer